dimanche 21 mai 2023

Plans for a picture @t la Grand Place, Bruxelles

If you are familiar with this blog, you know that I'm not French (even if I live in France) but Belgian...
My hometown is Bruxelles (Brussels), and it's the most beautiful city in my eyes.

If you are familiar with this blog, you should have seen plenty of pictures showing Bruxelles and Belgium... especially the parks because they were my first playground.

But there's somethin' I really wanted to take in picture, it's the Grand Place!
In fact, I've already taken modelhorse pictures there, a difficult exercice as it's always crowded.

To avoid the crowd, I've already determined, years ago, that I needed to get up really early and take my chance when everyone is asleep.
To have somethin' realistic, I also already planned I needed a cart and a horse, to show a touristic carriage (or an historic carriage) in the city.

Years passed, the plan was still in my mind. But this year, I was finally able to concretise!

 

 

This simple picture, is a labor of love.
Me, someone who's absolutely NOT a morning person got there at 6am:

 *

The idea of empty carriage found a place though my mind, years ago, while visiting Bruges.
I saw the carriage horses there, all alone by themselves, waiting for their day to start on a place... it was also early in the morning.

So I knew it was the perfect reference for me, who always struggle with dolls & such.
Then years after years, I searched for a carriage, a harness & a horse, without much success, until my friend Mégann sold me her set.
And it was it, I got all the ingredients for thoses pictures to happend! The fact that set is more 1:12 scale helped me transport the whole thing too.

*

 
If you looks closely the linked posts about Bruxelles, you'll see that we usually found the real carriages near that horse statue... so I took this view too...
 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire